Effective Date: This policy was last updated on November 14, 2007.
1. Personal Information that We Collect.
Generally, you may browse the Web Site without providing any personally identifiable information. However, we may ask you to provide your personal information at various areas of the Web Site. For example, if you decide to register as a member of our special online services (such as our newsletter, cartridge reminder, product registration, and certain product replacement services), you will be asked to provide information such as your first and last name, date of birth, your address (including street, street number, city, state, country and zip code) and email address. If you order a brochure about our products or submit a general inquiry through the Web Site on behalf of your employer, we may ask you to provide information such as your company name and your department, your job title, and your telephone and fax number. We may also ask you to provide additional information in connection with sweepstakes, surveys or polls which we may run from time to time.
2. Use of Your Personal Identifiable Information.
When you provide us with your personally identifiable information, we may use such information to perform a variety of business activities, such as to manage our member registry, provide you with customer service, notify you about new products and special promotions, and provide you with other information that we think may be of interest to you.
These uses of your personally identifiable information may also include, without limitation, the following:
- E-Newsletters. If you register with us through the Web Site, you may choose to receive from us a newsletter by email that may be sent by us from time to time. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email newsletter sent to you and following the instructions. You may also unsubscribe at any time as provided below in the “Opt-Out Options” section.
- Public Areas. We may activate bulletin boards, forums, or similar areas on the Web Site where users could share information about themselves that will be accessible by other users of the Web Site (“Public Areas”). We may include all or a portion of the information posted in Public Areas in the newsletters described above. By posting any information on the Public Areas, you hereby acknowledge and agree that any information you share in a Public Area (including, personally identifiable information) is available to the public. Information you post to a Public Area may be viewed, accessed, or collected by, or disclosed to, third parties and may be used by others in ways neither you nor MAVEA are able to control or predict, including to contact you for unauthorized purposes.
- Send to a Friend. When you use our “Send to a Friend” service, we email your message to your friend’s email address and identify your email address as the sender. We do not retain, sell or share the content of the email or the recipient’s address.
3. Disclosure of Your Personal Identifiable Information.
- Affiliates. We may share your personally identifiable information with our affiliates in compliance with applicable laws.
- Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection. We may disclose any information, including, personally identifiable information, we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process (including, any court order) or governmental request.
4. Collection and Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
When you visit the Web Site, we may store your Internet protocol (IP) address and monitor your activity on the Web Site. This information will not be stored in a manner that is personally identifiable with you. We may collect and disclose various categories of non-personally identifiable information, including, aggregate statistics generated from users of the Web Site, information about your browser type, the URL of the previous website you visited, your Internet service provider, your operating system, and your IP address. Any such information disclosed to third parties will not contain your personally identifiable information.
5. Cookies and other Internet Technologies.
Because the security of your personal information is a high priority, we apply other technologies and procedures to reasonably protect the security of any non-public data and information transmitted to us through the Web Site and stored on our database against loss, misuse and alteration. We use encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personally identifiable information during submission of such information through our Web Site in the areas designated by us for this purpose. We cannot, however, guaranty the security of your personally identifiable information. Hacking, software or hardware failure and other unauthorized access to our premises and systems may occur and compromise the security of your personally identifiable information. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password or any account information.
7. Opt-Out Options.
We will send you marketing communications only with your consent. If you change your mind, you can opt-out by taking one of the following actions:
1. Follow the instructions on our newsletter, marketing e-mail or direct mail marketing communication with respect to opt-out of such communications; or
2. Send us an e-mail with your current contact information to: email@example.com.
If you send an e-mail, please be sure to include your full name, address, phone number and e-mail address and indicate specifically what type of marketing communications (e.g., e-mail, direct mail and/or telemarketing) you do not wish to receive any longer. This will enable us to identify you in our system and process your request.
We will take appropriate steps to fulfill your request to opt-out of marketing communications. However, please note that it may take a few days to process your request during which you may still receive marketing communications from us. Also, please note that you may still receive from us business-related communications, such as product recall information.
8. Updating Your Information.
You can update your personal information with us by logging into your online account or by notifying us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Business Transfers.
We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including information collected from users of our Web Site, including personally identifiable information, in connection with a merger, reorganization, or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. By submitting your personal information on or through the Web Site, you agree that your information may be transferred to third parties under such or similar circumstances.
This Web Site is not intended for use by children. We will not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If you are under the age of 13, do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 13 and has submitted any information through the Web Site for any purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or her information from our files. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at: email@example.com.
12. Policy Changes.
15. Contact Information.
Attention: Mr. Stanelle
675 Tollgate Road
Suite G, Elgin, Illinois 60123
Copyright 2007 MAVEA LLC. All worldwide rights reserved.